Heartsaver® CPR AED
The Heartsaver® CPR AED course is designed to prepare students to provide CPR and use an automated external defibrillator (AED) in a safe, timely, and effective manner.
Available languages: English, Italian
Need to teach Spanish Heartsaver® CPR AED? Use the Spanish language Heartsaver® First Aid CPR AED course materials!
Who should take Heartsaver® CPR AED?
Anyone with little or no medical training who needs a CPR AED course completion card for job, regulatory (e.g., OSHA), or other requirements, or who simply wants to be certified in CPR and AED use.
Heartsaver® CPR AED is the ideal course for:
- law enforcement officers
- correctional officers
- hospitality workers
- health and fitness coaches
- child-care workers
- educators and administrators in schools and colleges
Concepts and skills covered in Heartsaver® CPR AED include:
- adult CPR and AED use
- opioid emergencies
Students who successfully complete the course will be able to:
- describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
- explain the concepts of the Chain of Survival
- recognize when someone needs CPR
- perform high-quality CPR for an adult alone or as a team member during multi-rescuer CPR (child and infant CPR modules are optional)
- give effective breaths using mouth-to-mouth or a barrier device for all age groups
- demonstrate how to use an AED on an adult (child and infant AED modules are optional)
- describe when and how to help a choking adult or child (infant choking module is optional).
Heartsaver® CPR AED is a credentialed course
Upon successful completion of the course, including a CPR and AED skills test, students receive a Heartsaver CPR AED course completion card that is valid for two years.
Available in classroom-based and blended-learning formats.